The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR), Division of
Rehabilitative Programs (DRP) and Enterprise Information Services (EIS) are
contracting for a Senior Technical Lead (STL) consultant for Information
technology (IT) projects. The STL, under the direction of a Project Manager,
provides coordination, oversight and leadership for the analyses, planning, design,
implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of IT architecture
and infrastructure to align with the CDCR’s mission, goals, and business
B. Scope of Services
IT STL consultant services that accomplish the following:
1. Serve as the STL to EIS technical staff, DRP’s program area subject matter
experts (SMEs), and third party vendors, under the supervision of the EIS
Technical Contract Manager (TCM) and the DRP Business Contract Manager
2. Provide senior technical lead services for DRP-TV’s, Training Devices’, and
Coaxial Cable Network Repair and Replacement Initiatives’ project initiation,
requirements, design, development, training, documentation, implementation,
transition to maintenance and operations (M&O), and M&O.
3. Build consensus; manage competing business priorities; and exercise
discretion, tact and judgment when working with internal and/or external
stakeholders, EIS technical staff, DRP’s program area SMEs and third party
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a lead,
including the planning, designing and implementation
of an IT Architecture.
- At least three (3) years’ experience developing and
documenting Enterprise Architecture (EA) artifacts,
including conceptualization and modeling data in
various ways, depending on the situation or need.
Proof of the ability to work individually and in a team
- At least three (3) years’ experience communicating
with business SMEs to obtain and comprehend
information and requirements. Additionally, must be
able to analyze business requirements and formulate
- At least one (1) year experience providing Solution
Architecture or equivalent services for Television
- Combined knowledge and experience in design and
deployment of a Television Network and a tablet
content delivery system.
- An understanding of Project Management Institute
(PMI) or equivalent PM Management (PMM) and
knowledge of working to a scheduled set of tasks
- At least two (2) documented examples of working on
multiple, disparate project tasks and deliverables
1. One (1) year experience in a correctional
environment in the area of rehabilitation services
targeted to recidivism reduction and evidencebased
2. Two (2) years’ experience with developing business
architecture, application architecture, data
architecture, and technology architecture artifacts
that fit within the State of California project and
3. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with
Television Hardware such as encoders, decoders,
and set top boxes.
4. Minimum of one (1) year experience with Vantage
or similar software.
5. Minimum of one (1) year experience with Wowza osimilar unified streaming media server software.
6. Minimum of one (1) year experience of
implementation with tablets for a learning
7. Minimum of one year experience working with IP
television and closed caption television systems.
For more information, contact email@example.com