CalSTRS’ IBM FileNet Content Management System (aka the Imaging System) is the primary document
repository and content management system for most of CalSTRS documents. Going forward, it will also be
the primary document repository for the CalSTRS’ new BenefitConnect pension administration system. The
Imaging System was initially implemented in 2004 and has been maintained and upgraded consistently;
however, until now it has only been used by internal CalSTRS users. With implementation of the new
BenefitConnect system, certain documents within the system will be accessed by external users as well. The
system is being upgraded to new hardware and IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.5. Upon completion of this
upgrade, CalSTRS would like to have an assessment of the system to ensure it is setup to perform optimally
and to handle the additional workload.
Minimum Technical Qualifications
As of the RFO due date, the proposed project resource(s) must individually or collectively1 have, as
evidenced by Attachment II, Proposed Project Person Skill Summary Sheet and resume:
1 If multiple SMEs are proposed, it is not necessary for each SME to meet every Minimum Technical Qualification (MTQ), however
the amount of experience required for any individual qualification must be met by a single SME for that qualification.
Between the SMEs proposed, all MTQs must be met.
1. At least five (5) years of experience implementing the following IBM ECM technologies: IBM FileNet
P8 Content Manager, IBM FileNet P8 Business Process Manager, IBM Content Navigator, etc.
2. At least five (5) years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017.
3. At least five (5) years of experience performing health checks, performance tuning and system
assessments for content management systems.
4. At least five (5) years of experience with large organizations leading or participating in the technical
implementation of software/systems/applications automating complex business processes.
5. At least five (5) years of experience working in an engineering capacity (planning, design,
implementation, configuration, upgrades, migrations, troubleshooting and support) of high availability
Enterprise Content Management systems.
Desirable Technical Qualifications
It is desirable for each proposed project person to have the following listed experience, knowledge, skills
and abilities as evidenced by Attachment II, Proposed Person Skill Summary Sheet and resume:
1. Experience in enterprise level data architecture and/or data modeling services at a State or Federal
2. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields from an accredited
or government sanctioned college/university.
3. Experience managing IT projects using industry standards and best practices such as Project
Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK.
4. Strong analytical skills to assess current applications and identify improvement opportunities.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org