With general supervision, aid in enterprise-wide technology creation, advancement, and support. Assist in ensuring the best performance of data and voice communication networks.
- Maintain existing data/voice communication network systems including LAN and/or WAN. Contribute to the design and planning of the network infrastructure for all VSP Global locations. Contribute to design and build of said data/voice communication networks.
- Ensure information security for all existing networks, including LAN and/or WAN
- Assist with network modeling and network analysis for optimal network outcomes; provide recommendations to increase performance, decrease costs, and ultimately optimize networks
- Assist with the construction and maintenance of physical/virtual network components and structures; determine need for new components or replacement
- Troubleshoot, resolve issues, undergo root cause analysis, and provide solutions for complex problems (ex. Configuration or routing issues, software bugs or hardware failures etc.)
- Create necessary network documentation, including layouts and/or procedures
- Identify risks to data/voice communication networks, and mitigate the identified risk(s)
- Remain current on new technologies; introduce applicable technology in alignment with VSP goals and for creative solutions
- Support change with a focus on optimal outcomes
- Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of related experience, preferably in network installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Prefer CCENT, and/or CCNA certification
- Hands-on experience within a Cisco networking environment
- Excellent analytical and problem – solving skills for moderate problems
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Meet/exceed organizations best practices, expectations, and standards
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vspglobal.com.