Website Retail Pro
The Tech Support Engineer will be responsible for providing technical and developer support for deployment and production issues for customers using the Point of Sale (POS) application suite. Being a vital part of the Global Customer Support team involves working on highly complex systems and providing general technology support services for major accounts, ensuring overall customer satisfaction and total resolution of each service case. You will provide phone and email support and will be responsible to debug, track, find and fix problems that occur during implementations and daily retail operations. The Engineer will create and manage technical environments within the support organization to replicate and diagnose customer issues, and troubleshooting skills related to software functionality, application server setup, database management, operating system configuration, installation, migration, and upgrades of POS versions will be required.
The Engineer will maintain relevant information in the support tracking system and will update clients and management about the status of all issues on a timely basis. The Engineer will also maintain and actively contribute to a growing knowledge base that improves the overall effectiveness of the team.
The Engineer will research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
- Drive the resolution of cases reported to Technical Support through the definition and diagnosis of the issue and application of technical expertise, product knowledge, communication and problem solving skills.
- Determine root problem cause and provide resolution to our Business Partner.
Job Specification (Requirements)
- 4-5 years’ experience supporting software applications and system administration.
- Proficient with web based application development languages (HTML5, CSS and AngularJS)
- Ability to prioritize issues of varying severity and effectively mange the resolution of issues within accepted service levels.
- Strong analytical skill in understanding requirements, with strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain self control whilst defusing stressful customer situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with peers, technical account managers, customer IT staff, product development, and SQA to resolve client issues.
To apply for this job please visit retailpro.com.