WSP is currently initiating a search for a IT Project Manager for our Sacramento, CA office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Information Technology Project Manager: Manage and lead the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of business applications, enterprise systems, and strategies to align IT systems with business processes to enhance collaboration, productivity, and knowledge sharing in the organization. The IT Project Manager is responsible for oversight and management of multiple projects, leveraging various skill-sets and ensures compliance with IT project management standards as defined by the Authority.
Project Management responsibiities include:
- Manage the delivery of information technology-based projects that include but are not limited to hosting infrastructure, configuration and specification of technical environments, and software applications to be utilized by the California High-Speed Rail Authority. Facilitate requirements gathering and analysis, and obtain consensus from Executive Staff and Program Managers regarding project priorities, scope, schedule, and budget. Facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for solution implementations and verify sign-off.
- Produce project plans and deliverables, review team documentation, and manage time, quality, and cost metrics and provide detailed implementation reporting to the Program.
- Plan and direct the daily activities of a team focused on a particular system or technology
- Liaison with other application owners applying standard solutions and processes.
- Manage handover of projects to the Authority Office of Information Technology following appropriate IT service management and governance standards.
- Provide inputs to weekly and monthly status reports
- Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support Program Management Information System procurement efforts
- Support and Training including creating printable materials and hands-on instruction
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- At least 10 years of experience in project management, or software product development.
- Experience managing a project from inception to completion.
- Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Project scheduling and the ability to create and maintain a cost and resource loaded schedule
- Experience analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Experience reporting and presenting to senior program leadership teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- PMP, PMI-BA, IIBA, ISTQB and relevant technical certifications preferred
- The ability to work in the United States immediately