Website Quest Technology Management
This role is responsible for supporting Quest’s global operations supporting internal company and client operations and Service Delivery. The ideal candidate enjoys technology and wants to work with various Backup technologies. The role will support various server platforms, applications and backup/restore activities working moderately complex tasks, meeting internal and external service level agreements.
- Perform routine and regularly scheduled maintenance and optimize backup and storage systems.
- Perform installations, integrations, configurations, upgrades, troubleshooting, and performance tuning of various backup technologies from multiple vendors.
- Routinely update, create and track assigned tickets and projects from the company ticketing system.
- Perform root cause analysis and problem resolution on server and backup platforms.
- Follow and document standard operating procedures.
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for storage and backup environments through proactive capacity planning, performance control and configuration adjustment
JOB SPECIFICATIONS – Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 4 years of experience working in an enterprise Technical Support Department or Network Operation Center environment performing system administration and system security functions.
- 2 years of working with hypervisor technologies such as VMware and HyperV.
- Understanding of Microsoft server and Linux operating systems .
- Understanding of backup administration and configuration principles.
- Understanding of backup job creation, restarting, troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to spot long term trends in production environment.
- Ability to clearly document and articulate technical issues
To apply for this job please visit questsys.hrmdirect.com.