Website Hewlett Packard Enterprises
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
Job Family Definition:
Analyzes , troubleshoots and debugs software issues and software enhancements. Uses tools and software, including operating systems, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. Identifies and debug issues with code and suggests changes or improvements. Collaborates and communicates with internal and external teams and partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects. Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience.
- Networking certifications (CWNA, CCNA or CCNP or CCIE) is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Team player – highly motivated to drive things technically
- Solid understanding of Networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of network protocols and algorithms (IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, EVPN, MPLS, VRF, etc)
- Knowledge of data storage protocols including CIFS, FC, FCoE, iSCSI, ROCE, and NFS
- Experience designing and supporting production network infrastructure
- Experience supporting computing platforms/solutions including SAN/NAS arrays, virtualization, load balancing and high availability
- Experience with firewall implementations (layering, DMZ, SNAT/DNAT)
- Experience with iptables, tcpdump/wireshark, etc.
- Desired – Experience with cloud platforms/technologies – AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Software systems testing methodology, including debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com