Educational Media Foundation (EMF) is the largest Christian broadcaster in the United States. In addition to our 900+ terrestrial radio signals, we are one of the 10th largest streaming audio services in the country. As our Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will work with Satellite Engineering and Media Delivery Application teams to ensure service availability by automating service operations and infrastructure maintenance.
What is it like to work at EMF? You’ll find that we’re a unique blend of ministry & media; in addition to being positive and encouraging and ministry focused, we’re also technology progressive, creative, dynamic, and fun. There’s a lot of cool things that we love about our culture, but one of the coolest parts is that everyone here is on-fire for our mission. Our environment is casual yet passionate, ministry focused yet fun. We combine the best of both the ministry and music industries!
As the largest non-profit in Christian Media Ministry, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards Package also offers outstanding medical, dental and vision protection, as well as a robust 401K plan. You will have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life, including a generous paid time off policy as well as learning, growth and advancement opportunities. Even better, we have some cool not so usual benefits, like praying openly.
As our Senior Site Reliability Engineer here’s what you will be doing….
- Automating anything and everything. We’re a small team with a large responsibility, so we rely heavily on our automation to keep everything running.
- Helping our Satellite Engineers keep our server rooms in excellent shape. As much as we’ve tried, we haven’t automated cable labelling or CMOS battery replacements. Yet.
- Piercing the Veil of Obscurity with the Sword of Observability. We run everything from standard x86 servers to L-Band baseball switches. Heterogeneous is an understatement. Gathering metrics from our environment is hard. Extracting meaning is harder.
- Joining our on-call rotation. Radio never sleeps, but we certainly do. We all work hard to ensure our nights stay quiet. We’ll help with your cell phone bill, too.
- Pushing us, and our vendors, to adopt new technology. Our software team is all-in on Kubernetes in the cloud. Can you help us get there on-prem?
- Finding and fixing root-causes, not just applying band-aids. Our work has meaning. We reach millions of people and change lives every day. We don’t have time to repeat ourselves.
Sharing bad puns. The worse the better. Preferably in gif form
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Information Systems or related with 5+ years’ exp. in networking, server hardware, and maintenance required.
- 5+ years exp. system administration (Windows and Linux) required.
- 4+ years’ exp. operating cloud infrastructure and software development preferred.
To apply for this job please visit careers-kloveair1.icims.com.