Website Teichert Construction
Under minimal direction, manages the purchase, installation, configuration, and support of all network communications systems. Performs technical leadership and management for the network systems to meet company and division objectives. Provides work leadership and training to lower-level network engineers. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Plans large scale systems/projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. This position will also lead technology assessment, deployment, and upgrade projects. This position performs relationship management for internal business unit partners and external vendor partners. The person in this position will partner closely with IT Management to formulate strategic goals, tactical plans and budgets for the Network Department. An employee in this classification requires strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Actively supports the achievement of the business unit’s goals and objectives by applying expert knowledge of a variety of technologies.
- Collaborates across departments and supports consistent technical practices and financial reporting procedures. Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards that protect the company’s interests.
- Promotes and protects Teichert’s values including diversity, teamwork, fair work environment, and respect of others to maintain a “team” spirit within the business unit and on project teams; works and cooperates with other disciplines across company lines to ensure maximum and best uses of Teichert resources.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers. Maintains a positive impression of the department and company with external customers through professional interactions.
- Promotes and protects the community perception of Teichert.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Provides networking, hardware, and software solutions to meet business and IT Division objectives. Schedules and prioritizes assignments to ensure effective utilization of resources, quality control and appropriate security.
- Partners with business unit representatives, IT team members and vendors to engineer enterprise data, voice, and video networks.
- Maintain a secure network environment to protect proprietary information.
- Partners with vendors (such as AT&T, Cisco, Fortinet, etc), clients, carriers and technical staff on network implementation, optimization, and ongoing management.
- Works with IT Management to formulate strategic goals and tactical plans for the IT Division.
- Research and identify industry trends for new or developing technologies.
- Participate in IT Disaster Recovery planning and test execution. Develop documentation and test plans for a mature DR program.
- Partner with other internal department teams to understand full scope of projects and ensure that requirements and proper security are met.
- Perform duties according to Teichert’s health and safety standards. Maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other similar or additional duties are performed as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Professional certifications, such as the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCNP), are highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE & INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of five to ten years’ experience in information technology, with hands-on experience in wide area networks, local area networks, switches, routers, firewalls, and network management tools.
- Extensive experience in managing multi-platform IT Network environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network methodologies, processes, security, and procedures.
- Prior experience with budgeting and planning.
- Hardware and systems software including Cisco, Wireless, Network Management tools, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP
- Advanced project management skill set
- Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
Position Description Cont.
- Extensive hands-on experience with the following technologies: TCP/IP, DMVPN, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, Wireless, Layer2/3 switching, Network QoS, VLAN’s, EIGRP, OSPF, RADIUS, SSH, VPN, IPSec.
- Extensive hands-on experience managing and configuring the following hardware: Cisco switches and routers, Cisco FirePower and Fortinet firewalls, Cisco VPN, and Meraki AP’s.
- Extensive hands-on experience with the following applications and operating systems: Linux administration, Sendmail, DNS, Wireshark, SYSLOG and Nagios.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer software programs including MS Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate leadership.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong problem analysis skills and the ability to develop cost-effective solutions.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively negotiate with vendors and consultants.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A valid Driver’s License and the ability to maintain an acceptable driving record.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com