Website California ISO
Under the general direction of the Manager, participates in planning, developing, testing, implementation and support of technical solutions for company-wide data and voice communications. Works with vendors and service providers to insure stability and reliability of company’s critical voice and data infrastructure. Engages with company-wide business units to provide network design solutions for business requirements. Works to insure the highest level of associated systems operations, reliability and security.
What’s In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow’s energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develops and maintains application systems to ensure timely access to accurate, real-time data.
- Maintains enterprise application programs for internal and external ISO workflow and control functions.
- Develops and implements unit tests and code review processes related to all supported applications.
- Creates and maintains documentation and procedures related to the maintenance and operation of application systems.
- Develops specifications and procures new applications that support ISO internal and external users.
- Coordinates with various departments to support changes or additions to applications in accordance with ISO Change Management policies and procedures.
- Interacts with vendor staff in the implementation of new systems and modifications to existing business applications.
- Analyzes, supports, and resolves real-time computer hardware, software and database issues in a time sensitive environment.
Level of Education and Discipline
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Amount of Experience
- Equivalent years of education and training, plus five (5) or more years related experience.
Type of Experience
- Experienced in all areas of IT applications development including design, analysis and data modeling.
- Expert level knowledge of Java/J2EE technologies.
- Experience implementing SOA solutions using SOAP/REST.
- Experience with Test Driven Development(TDD) techniques
- Experience with Source Control Systems (Perforce/Git), automated tests and continuous integration & Deployment (CI & CD)
- Design techniques such as Domain-Driven Design, Design by Contract, and Domain Specific Languages. Designing object-oriented components and coding algorithms.
- Familiarity with waterfall, Agile methodologies.
- Development and production implementation experience with spring, Apache Camel, and/or Active MQ highly desired.
- Basic business process management experience.
Experience in any of the following development technologies is strongly desired:
- Java frameworks (Hibernate, spring, Groovy/Grails)
- Web Application Servers (JBoss, Spring boot)
- Java Message Service (JMS)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.