Website Franklin Templeton
The IT Security team plays an integral role in partnering with and providing secure solutions that meet the needs of the firm. The team is responsible for designing and building secure next generation cyber security solutions, in alignment with Franklin Templeton’s Cybersecurity Program and policy.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Engineer in IT Security?
The Senior Engineer will play an integral role in partnering with and providing for the next generation cyber security solutions for Franklin Templeton. This role is responsible for designing, building and implementing these solutions in alignment with Franklin Templeton’s cybersecurity program and policy. As a member of the Security Engineering team, the senior engineer will focus on security best practices, for cloud, network, systems, databases, applications and user access controls. The ideal self-driven candidate will possess strong communication, leadership and versatile technical skills, along with a hunger for learning, understanding and internal client engagement with a drive to create new, impactful and cutting-edge cyber security services.
The Senior Engineer role is responsible for analysis, presentation, acquisition, installation, configuration, implementation, and modification of IT infrastructure solutions for major business and IT projects and requests. This role provides escalated, Tier 3 support of production infrastructure for business and infrastructure services, performs performance trend analysis for planning of infrastructure capacity and improvements, applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. The Senior Engineer leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives, provide mentoring and guidance to junior employees, acts as an expert providing direction and guidance for process improvements and establishing policies, and may be called upon to represent the organization for customers/clients of Franklin Templeton Technologies. Collaborates with other engineers, operations, applications development, business customers and vendors to design and implement solutions.
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures (such as user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures and use of security tools and encryption routines) and prepare status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Develop, evaluate and manage systems security across the enterprise, with areas of concentration that include account security management, password auditing, network based and Web application-based vulnerability scanning, virus management and intrusion detection.
- Establish cybersecurity adoption and enablement journey map by working with internal clients, development and application support teams.
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in cloud security services, DevOps, infrastructure as code, and enterprise security.
- Designs, prepares and conducts new system and technology evaluations to determine infrastructure solutions based on business requirements.
- Analyzes existing solutions, makes recommendations and leads improvement of infrastructure technology, operational capability, process, reliability and performance
- Responsible for creating technical documentation for infrastructure solutions. Presents solutions to senior leaders for concurrence and approval.
- Analyzes and recommends security controls and procedures in acquisition, development, and change management lifecycle of information systems, and provides oversight to ensure compliance.
- Engages with vendors for incident and problem management for resolution and root cause determination.
- Mentors or provides guidance to develop talent in more junior staff members
To apply for this job please visit fti.taleo.net.