Leads and performs end user technical system support and maintenance for SMUD purchased computers and server hardware, software and applications in the areas of support, maintenance and training to ensure SMUD’s use of technology supports its current and future business practices.
- Provides multi-tier technical support for desktop supporting which include implementation, configurations, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring.
- Gathers additional insight into problem resolution by searching external on-line sources of technical problem resolution and implements the solution when possible and timely.
- Provides remote and onsite resolution support from a central location for all work items that come to IT Help Desk through service tickets and requests. Distributes service requests to the appropriate team when hardware provision is required.
- Handles escalation of any ticket that requires next level support.
- Provides advanced coverage for any support areas within SMUD.
- Leads in evaluating current process model and demonstrate conceptual thinking in defining new process improvement implementations.
- Generates advanced standard and ad hoc reports, and conducts trend analysis. Monitors and provides data required for monthly metrics and department dashboard.
- Provides feedback and participate in technology offerings.
- Oversees the documentation of all knowledge base opportunities for the department and ensure accuracy of the knowledge base.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
- Complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Shares knowledge through leading lower level staff, trains and mentors other members of the staff as required.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent
Five or more (5+) years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in the areas of information technology support and maintenance utilizing communication software, Internet and LAN connectivity
- Principles and practices of information technology
- Personal computers, including hardware and software and related peripheral equipment.
- Active Directory structure and functions.
- Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Modern office equipment and procedures.
- Basic mathematical principles to enable review of data to identify trends.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Effective Customer service principles that provide excellent customer service.
- To perform personal computer hardware and software customer support duties.
- Intermittently review documents related to department operations; observe, identify and problem solve procedural issues.
- Intermittently walk, bend, or stoop while installing/repairing equipment; twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 30 pounds or less.
- Learn help desk software and database use.
- Diagnose, research and repair or instruct users in resolving hardware and software problems.
- Train and instruct users in Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suites, e-mail and internet use and use and operation of a variety of peripheral equipment and applications.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.