Website Sierra Nevada Corporation
Are you ready to use your leadership and skills in a program management position? This is your opportunity! As a Program Manager I, you will support the business operations at SNC. You will be responsible for all programmatic aspects of your assigned projects with specifically focused responsibility for customer relationship, cost, schedule and technical planning, tracking and reporting, technical execution, and ensuring overall program performance objectives are achieved. You will participate in business resource planning/tracking in coordination with other corporate entities and responsible to formulate a team that can fulfill program requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring program issues and problems are identified, tracked, and resolved. You will be responsible for program risk management and ensuring risks are identified, mitigated, tracked, and managed. You’ll be responsible for interfacing on project/program status, developing proposals, researching/fact-finding, coordinating audits, and negotiating with project/program stakeholders to ensure enterprise initiatives meet cost, budget, and schedule constraints. You will support the program director and Business Operations in fulfilling their responsibilities.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- Direct Customer interface communicating program and proposal updates (cost, schedule, risk)
- Leadership of proposal responses to US Govt or Primer solicitations
- Oversight of project monthly cost, schedule and risk management
- Project leadership to ensure on-time delivery and execution within budget constraints
- Periodic program review briefings to both internal and external leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or technical related discipline
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- 2-3 years of project management experience
- Leadership abilities inclusive of successful change management, mentoring, career development, training, succession planning, holding people accountable, and conducting yearly reviews
- Requires ability to manage complex situations, delegate authority, lead and inspire your team, drive innovative thinking, instill collaboration, drive for success, challenge status quo, and demonstrate the ability to adapt to dynamic situations
- Requires skills in team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Experience with the evaluation of requests for proposals and/or quotes. Experience with preparing, reviewing, and submitting proposals and/or quotes.
- Typically 2-7 years of related experience or;
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Aviation or Management and typically 2-7 years of program management experience
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS)
- Working knowledge of Program Management Institute Program Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Managing projects using Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), agile, and or spiral development models
- Managing projects requiring Earned Value Management
- Understanding with application tools and data architectures
- Ability to reinforce the usage & application of Corporate PM tools.
- Ability to lead PM process & tool improvement for the Enterprise.
- Ability to keep program management informed of function & process changes within project controls.
- Ability to enhance program management expertise in the staff
- Ability to establish centralized, coordinating body for PM concerns, recommendations, & issues; developing recommended process improvements; facilitating opportunities with Enterprise Program Finance
- Ability to establish new & further refining existing templates, tools, & guidelines for program documentation & execution
- Experience with ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
To apply for this job please visit snc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.