Website Delta Dental
This position is responsible for several highly technical and analytical tasks that include, but not limited to, the successful set-up, testing, execution, monitoring, analysis and recovery of production and test batch processing system applications. The incumbent will be required to give guidance to Project Team members regarding production standards and Operational readiness requirements. This team is responsible for meeting SLAs of core business applications.
How you will make an impact:
- Leads projects and is responsible for directing assignments for internal and peer employees. Regularly reports status of project both verbally and in writing.
- Participates and sometimes leads daily, weekly and project meetings and script walkthrus with various team members. Prepares written documentations as required in support of applications systems, schedules and RTI (run-time improvement) recommendations.
- Designs, integrates, communicates, and schedules new application job and schedules while coordinating releases into the production and pre-production environments, per business specifications.
- Designs and maintains databases for all test and production job schedules and adhoc reporting requests
- Reviews major or new application changes for integration dependencies for accuracy and analyzes required changes to process flows and /or DB changes. Performs pre-production testing, change analysis and prepares contingency and/or corrective action lans during production implementation phase.
- Investigates, defines and solves simple to highly complex application and software issues in collaboration with application developers and/or system admins. Makes recommendations for workarounds and solutions.
- Coordinates and leads triage efforts 24/7/365 to assure business critical applications are available per the SLA and to assure business is notified when SLAs are at risk or missed.
- Assesses problems, identifies recovery scenarios, file recoveries, and job restarts based on contributor factors of failure assessment, and 7×24 coverage.
- Provide written and documentation as required supporting specific project, Problem and Impact Analysis.
- Research and analyze requests received from auditors and provide detailed reports for various audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Wide knowledge base encompassing LAN and mid-tier system hardware and software, including UNIX, Windows, HP-UX, and Oracle.
- Experience with various elements of automation is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ORACLE tools and report generation through SQL*PLUS
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to write and develop procedures and documentation; ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of technical and non-technical personnel in order to achieve stated goals and deliverables
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Previous experience leading automation projects and supervising the efforts of other automation team associates is an advantage
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is preferred, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in mid-tier computer hardware, software configurations and components.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.