Website Delta Dental
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The incumbent in this position is responsible and accountable for the Network Infrastructure Engineering and Operations throughout the entire organization. The position facilitates and directs the development and administration of the technology systems and functions to ensure that enterprise technology goals are met. This requires a thorough understanding of the entire scope of the enterprise technology goals and how each function, systems platform, or service meets business requirements and the interrelationship of the business areas of the enterprise. This includes managing the support and maintenance of all network hardware, software, firewall, security, circuits, monitoring tools, structured fiber/copper cabling, wireless, and other network infrastructure components. This position is responsible for developing infrastructure growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, managing the IT network staff across multiple locations and keeping the executive team up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the company to meet its goals. It is also responsible for handling business and confidential situations in a discreet and mature manner. The Manager, Network Engineering may be required to lead multiple teams with diverse functions and various skill sets.
How you will make an impact:
- Provides tactical and strategic planning and direction for the team(s). Defines team scope and objectives which include developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and monthly status reports. Conducts team meetings and is responsible for team tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews team deliverables. Manages execution of the team plans, controls the team budget, ensures the effective use of team resources and coordinates change control activities.
- Works closely with other departments to scope products and projects in order to meet business requirements for functionality, reliability, performance, and time-to-market.
- Reviews, manages, and resolves complex and highly complex problems involving one or more teams, systems or functions. Undertakes and oversees the process of defining problems and implementing solutions. Consistently demonstrates the use of ingenuity and creativity by making recommendations and taking actions to direct the analyses and solutions of problems.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to the team or teams. Plans, directs, monitors, and participates in development activities for team’s projects. Responsible for the quality of project deliverables.
- Takes an active role in the recruitment, evaluation, motivation, development, promotion, and performance improvement processes. Establishes quarterly and annual targets for direct reports and provides accurate, consistent, and timely performance reviews to be used as the basis for personnel actions. Coaches employees, providing career and professional guidance as necessary. Leads by example through coaching, mentoring, and implementation activities.
What we look for:
- Thorough understanding of the entire scope of the enterprise technology goals and how each function, systems platform, or service meets business requirements and the interrelationship of the business areas of the enterprise.
- Experience developing infrastructure growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, managing the IT staff and keeping the executive team up to date on the latest technologies that could help the company to succeed.
- Expert knowledge of Data Backup and Recovery Solutions, Disaster Recovery Exercises and Executions, Data Replication and Data Storage / Cloud solutions, etc.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.