Website Golden 1 Credit Union
The Manager — IT Systems, coaches, directs and leads the teams responsible for the server, host, database, telecommunications, database and storage infrastructures, including providing all necessary support, project oversight, and production activities; as well as working with and influencing across various lines of business and technology groups. In addition this role is responsible for developing and maintaining business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the areas of oversight, including routine testing of key assumptions made in both plans, forecasting planning of infrastructure resources, monitoring methodologies and implementation, maintaining active/active datacenter configuration management, and budgeting activities. The Manager — IT Systems is the subject matter expert for the server, host, database, telecommunications and storage infrastructures.
The Manager — IT Systems will be responsible for our on premise and cloud (Azure) managed infrastructure. The hybrid management will need to be seamless from application and system installation through Disaster Recovery support needs. The Manager — IT Systems will be responsible for all Site Reliability and act as our Site Reliability Manager (SRE). The Manager — IT Systems will support our systems through consistent industry best practice in a DevOps environment with automation including automated testing telemetry where possible with primary emphasis on Infrastructure as Code.
The Manager — IT Systems is separated into two positions. The Manager — IT Systems will be assigned direct responsibility for some but not all of the five subject matter expert areas. They should be completely comfortable in supporting the second position in all facts when necessary.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Manage, develop, motivate, counsel, train and evaluate staff of five different specialties, validate that work is performed accurately, analyzing errors and resolving problems for all IT Systems personnel.
- Prioritizes, assigns, and directs all work assignments on systems issues and assigned projects to support day-to-day operations and future implementations objectives.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
- Provides leadership and direction through technical subject matter expertise to staff responsible for integration of software and hardware applications in a hybrid environment; on premise and Azure cloud.
- Applies DevOps and SRE methodologies for Infrastructure as Code with automation and including best practice telemetry where possible.
- Plan for the future use of systems hardware and software, services, technologies, applications, and standards and coordinates the purchase, installation and implementation of systems hardware and software according to department standards and procedures in a hybrid environment.
- Manages the development of network systems architecture, design, and ongoing review of system configurations in collaboration with relevant team members
- Manages the development, documentation and implementation of operating procedures, and systems documentation such as gold builds, best practices, knowledge base, disaster recovery backup and recovery in a hybrid environment.
- Directs all project management for the large computing projects that cross multiple technologies, platforms and administrative boundaries.
- Ensures all on premise and cloud systems software and hardware versions, maintenance levels, registration and inventory and provides upgrades as necessary to insure appropriate security and patch levels are maintained
- Work as liaison between other department managers and supervisors when coordinating support activities and project related tasks
- Ensures all system and related security standards are adhered to by staff. Review standards periodically with the Chief Security Administrator and other IT Managers and implement changes as required.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Participate in the “Management On-Call” rotation.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interpret, resolve, and document networking problems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to articulate system methodologies and concepts; communicate effectively in providing technical guidance and expertise to other staff
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate applicable computer hardware, a variety of hand tools and standard office equipment.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in Information Technology in a senior level administrator role
- Minimum of three years’ experience in project management and personnel supervision is required
- Demonstrates strong apttude to work with business owners for planning of enterprise-wide technologies
- Demonstrates strong aptitude to work effectively and support others in an environment of continuous change.
- Subject matter expert with all current and future pending Windows and Azure operating systems in an enterprise domain environment
- Subject matter expert with DevOps Automation and Site Reliability methodologies
- Subject matter expert with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Azure AD connect
- Subject matter expert with AD group policies and Azure Policies
- Subject matter expert with PowerShell and other Automated scripting processes
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.