The mission of Information and Technology is to create and support an information technology environment that enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do research and provide public service. In support of the University’s mission, IT will deliver an infrastructure of technological services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community.The primary responsibility of IT Security Project Manager is to be the key contact representing IT Security team in managing and tracking assessment findings, internal and external projects. The position reports to the IT Security Operations manager. The position will manage IT Security sponsored projects and will manage the IT Security component of partner projects with varying degrees of visibility from organization leadership, broad and diverse size, impact, and budget. The position will organize the necessary resources and personnel to ensure that the IT Security team meets project timelines. Functions this position will perform include but are not limited to project planning, task management, business analytics, project budgeting, and project reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles, theories and concepts
- Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress.
- Demonstrated highly advanced organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope.
- Business analysis and analytical experience in an Information Technology environment.
- Experience leading a team of technology professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate critical information across disciplines. Understands how projects relate to other business strategies and initiatives
- Experience with managing security focused technology projects (SIEM, IPS/IDS, Vulnerability scanning, Firewall, etc.)
- Experience managing the organizational resources for third party audit and risk assessments.
- Experience organizing and managing the collection of audit and or risk assessment responses.
- Experience developing, documenting, and implementing processes, structures, or other methods to achieve organizational efficiencies of work managed.
- Strong organizational skills required. Experience planning, prioritizing and managing workload to enable timely completion of tasks.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio products.
- Ability to plan, facilitate and manage meetings including the development of meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Experience appropriately dealing with confidential, private, personal, and financial information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required, including the ability to interact with others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Strong ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing at various levels, such as customers and executive leadership.
- Experience maintaining organized documentation/archival file systems
- Experience developing and maintaining operating and project budgets.
- Experience maintaining and reporting on equipment inventory.
- Working knowledge of security technologies such as vulnerability scanners, NAC, EDR, etc.
- Experience working with healthcare information systems; academic institutions or large integrated health system experience.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS