Website Hewlett Packard Enterprise
This IT Vendor Management position in HPE Global IT is being created to lead strategic vendor activities across a wide spectrum of providers. This position is expected to apply strategic commercial and operational techniques to execute optimal vendor actions.
The Ideal Candidate will be comfortable with the following:
• Modelling server and/or user data to create a reasonable picture of the install base in terms of key metrics like processors, cores or sockets.
• Driving business or infrastructure teams to provide the necessary data to produce data that is usable in decision making.
• Driving programs or projects to optimize or reduce the install base.
• Understands the specific goals and needs of the business and function and represents those needs to the software providers
• Analyzing software proposals and creating optimal deals for HPE to pursue with software providers.
• Participating in negotiations with 3rd party suppliers to achieve ideal scope and commercials for all transactions.
• Establishes effective processes for managing the software vendors and compliance claims. • Effectively drive 3rd party suppliers and partners to ensure IT services and software are delivered according to HPE expectations.
• Provides consulting to HPE businesses, functions, and geographies that utilize IT services and drives effective business engagement for IT with the IT leadership team and the supported businesses.
• Communicates IT standards and new IT solutions, processes, and policies to the businesses, functions, and geographies and to the IT delivery suppliers/partners. Responsibilities
• Establishes and maintains relationships with key decision-makers at the top of the business, function, geography or organization as well as key tactical leaders.
• Proactively engages in strategic business planning where there is IT impact; influences overall business strategies of customer organizations.
• Communicates strategic IT decisions and plans and works to achieve alignment at the top level of the business, function, or geography.
• Reviews and influences software incumbent and future spend activities for IT.
• Identifies leverage opportunities where IT can provide cost-effective, standard solutions to meet the needs of multiple business/function/geography organizations.
• Identifies the need for new IT processes as well as significant improvements to major IT processes and drives the development and implementation of those.
Education And Experience Required
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced degree preferred
• At least 10 years of experience in an IT vendor management capacity Required Knowledge And Skills
• Excellent project management and process development skills.
• Experience as an IT developer, analyst or project manager a strong plus • Excellent data management/modelling skills – excel or other tools
• Exceptional written and verbal skills. Deep business experience at domain level. Strong relationship management skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.