- This manager will lead the Web Accessibility Team which is responsible for testing, recording and communicating barriers to accessibility of public and secure websites according to current accessibility guidelines and standards.
- The team is also responsible for advocating for accessible and inclusive experiences for all users through education of, collaboration with, and support of the digital technologies team.
- Manage department staff including hiring, performance management and career development to ensure alignment with defined goals.
- Plan and direct the daily activities of a team focused on a particular system or technology.
- Liaison with managers in IT and other functions, applying standard solutions and processes.
- Apply specific technical expertise in depth to address technical and business issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of related IT experience.
- Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.
- In -depth knowledge of ADA standards and WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- Experience with assistive technologies such as screen readers, magnifiers, alternative keyboard inputs, etc.
- Ability to make decisions on remediation direction and to facilitate conversations around the decisions with product, UX, development, QA, and management.
- Experience in managing a team within an Agile development environment.
- Ability to build, maintain, and ensure the delivery of the Accessibility Team’s roadmap.
- Oversee training program for accessibility tools and processes.
- Ability to communicate to different audiences and personalities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com