Provides direction and oversight to those involved in the development, design and optimization of multiple information technology and systems functions in support of business processes and technical information systems platforms, including the hardware/software network, database, and systems engineering functions. This role’s responsibilities include selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management. Provides direction for the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems. Ensures infrastructure architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility. This role is a subject matter expert of user groups for practical application of system characteristics. Coordinates delivery of services to user groups and ensures IT service is uninterrupted.
1. *Manages and provides technical guidance to team members and creates a positive experience for team members as a servant leader.
a. Adapts department plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges applying sound independent judgement and decision-making.
b. Applies understanding of department objectives in design and implementation of programs, policies and procedures.
c. Interviews, selects, evaluates and recognizes team member results and actions. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within the software engineering section.
d. Promotes a constructive work environment, organizing staff to accomplish work and meet business demands and demonstrates initiative and risk taking.
e. Provides team with opportunities for on-going self-development.
f. f. Reviews expenses and payroll time records and approves.
2. *Ensures that systems, networks, and database management principles and methods are incorporated into strategic IT plans and service expectations are clearly defined, working with the business, vendors, and other IT stakeholders to balance real-world risks with business drivers such as speed, agility, flexibility and performance.
a. Develops and implements an information systems program, as well as, the budget projections to meet program goals.
b. Implements policies that mitigate identified risks and business requirements.
3. *Consults with IT stakeholders and staff to ensure that security and reliability is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of the database, network, and systems.
4. *Monitors and ensures compliance with IT policies and strategies developed by the Senior Director, as well as provides input to changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operating efficiency and regulatory compliance.
5. *Designs, coordinates and oversees security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manages the remediation of identified risks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA or MS/MA degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information systems, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Minimum of seven (7) years of IT experience, five (5) years of which is in an IT professional systems role, and at least two (2) years in a lead capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong understanding of the business impact of systems, networks, the database, tools, technologies and policies.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with business managers, IT engineering and IT operations staff.
- A strong technical background in information systems.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- The ability to get alignment by a diverse stakeholder group around priorities and plans in support of key business objectives. Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
To apply for this job please visit external-raleys.icims.com.