Under the supervision of the Information Security Manager, act as a subject matter expert concerning complex information security technology, topics and issues. Perform technical and complex duties in the areas of security management, risk management, incident management, vulnerability management, information security program and technology implementations.
- Provide expertise in defining, evaluating and recommending/implementing information security controls and technology to ensure the protection of the organization’s assets
- Conduct security project meetings to identify gaps, and recommend security enhancements to ensure security requirements are integrated and implemented
- Work closely with the Architecture, Infrastructure and Technology teams to review existing architecture, identify gaps, and recommend security enhancements
- Recommend, validate, maintain and implement information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with the Information Security Program
- Conduct detailed risk analysis and risk assessment to identify, mitigate and control risks to infrastructure, information systems, and data
- Assist in third party evaluations to ensure that their technology environment appropriately protects shared data, that contracts have the appropriate security requirements, and that those requirements are met through regular audits and assessments.
- Respond to client security audit requests and ensures that the organization meets client requirements.
- Monitors changes in current threats and looks at trends for future threat analysis in order to alert the team against current and future threats
- Resolve issues that require the team’s attention
- Perform security incident management practices to ensure all incidents are diagnosed, logged, escalated, and closed to its final resolution.
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on technical information security experience
- Advanced knowledge of security principles and technologies
- 2+ years hands-on experience designing and implementing a variety of security solutions and technologies
- Experience with risk and threat assessment methodologies
- Ability to weigh business needs against risk concerns and articulate issues to business leaders
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vspglobal.com.