The Enterprise Applications Administrator’s primary role is to be the platform administrator and subject matter expert of the SMUD’s ServiceNow environment. This role will be responsible for planning, configuring, maintaining, and supporting the ServiceNow Platform and its core application/modules such as ITSM, ITOM, ITBM, IRM, SecOps, BCM and SAM. The incumbent will apply analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for identifying and implementing system improvements to optimize the ServiceNow Platform performance and stability in a manner consistent with organizational goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide 24/7 on-call and non-business-hour support for applications, as required.
- Provide primary support on at least one major enterprise application or SAP Basis administration.
- Provide secondary support for the other enterprise applications supported by the administrators group.
- Serves as key person in troubleshooting system problems, taking ownership of problems to resolution.
- Work with support analysts and technical staff to identify and resolve system issues such as outages and poor system performance.
- Work with support analysts and technical staff to coordinate and schedule system installations, upgrades, and patches.
- Coordinate and schedule system backups and restorations.
- Coordinate and schedule and perform operating system, application, database and client tools patching and maintenance, and support migration of changes. Ensure patches are fully tested in test environments before moving to production systems.
- Identify, evaluate and install application software patches.
- Configure systems / applications from a technical perspective.
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding application availability for applications with a large number of users.
- Perform system sizing estimates.
- Diagnose and resolve system-related issues.
- Interface with software vendors for bug resolution, licensing issues, and system maintenance issues.
- Interface with SMUD management via status reports and meetings.
- Interface with the applications’ users and business units when necessary.
- Install new application software releases and version upgrades.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems in support of applications.
- Plan, create, and maintain appropriate procedures, documentation, inventory assessments, and other procedures related to administration of software applications, system and network (connectivity) architecture, system and database backup policies, and user management.
- Administer application security including administration of application users, as necessary.
- Provide ad hoc desktop support services for users of the applications.
- Coordinate and/or provide user training for applications if necessary.
- Conduct software and hardware evaluations and provide technical analysis.
- Work with support analysts and technical staff to automate tasks, streamline processes, and perform administrative functions as needed.
- Provide coordination of resources such as enterprise security, application development, network, operations, and analysts, in support of software applications.
- Configure, maintain, and monitor batch jobs and related scripts. Resolve any batch job or script errors.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing, including assisting with fault tolerance and producing/maintaining disaster recovery plans.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Five (5+) or more years of progressively responsible relevant information technology work experience related to the administration of enterprise software applications.
Computer and software applications; methods and procedures involved in the administration of software applications to include the installation, setup, patching, troubleshooting, documentation and coordination; enterprise application systems design, configuration, and functionality; techniques of configuration, design and functionality; concepts of the system development lifecycle; concepts of data modeling; techniques and practices for resolving complex technical issues; data maintenance and retrieval; operating systems such as UNIX, Linux, Windows, or AIX.
Analyze software application issues and determine effective course of action to improve operational functionality; develop testing criteria and conduct testing ; read and interpret plans, diagrams and specifications; prioritize and schedule work assignments effectively; tools and methods to support and develop business applications; communicate effectively in verbal and written forms; work independently or as a team member as required; effectively identify and organize work tasks in a logical manner; determine and allocate resources to projects effectively; orally and verbally communicate. Monitor and tune SAP systems and databases; weigh various suggested technical solutions against the original business needs.
- A BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five plus (5+) years of experience working with the ServiceNow Platform and ITSM/ITOM/ITBM/IRM/SecOps/BCM/SAM solutions (any or all) in an enterprise environment.
- Deep understanding of ServiceNow Platform capabilities and best practices with in-depth knowledge to configure and recommend configuration changes to improve applications performance and platform stability.
- Ability to configure and enhance core ServiceNow applications including, but not limited to, Service Portal, Change, Incident, Problem, Service Catalog, Knowledge, Agent Workspace, Live Chat, Virtual Agent, Mobile App, Configuration Mgmt. (CMDB), Discovery, Service Mapping, Orchestration, Event Mgmt., IT Asset Mgmt., Ideation, Demand, Project, Business Application Portfolio, Business Capability, Business Services, Vulnerability Mgmt.
- Experience in the design and configuration of ServiceNow in a variety of areas including, but not limited to Tables, Forms, Lists, Workflows, Flow Designer, Transform Maps, System Properties, Business Rules, ACLs, Roles, Client Scripts, UI Policies, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs, Notifications, Update Sets, Reporting and Dashboard with the use of Performance Analytics, Visual Task Board.
- Experience in managing the process strategy and the governance of the CMDB through the development and implementation of appropriate processes to ensure the quality throughout the lifecycle of configuration management.
- Deep understanding of the Common Service Data Model (CSDM) and with the experience in developing a roadmap to mature the CMDB processes in alignment with the CSDM.
- Experience in designing and implementing integrations between the ServiceNow Platform and other enterprise applications using key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including, but not limited to ServiceNow MID Server and Discovery, Integration Hub, SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, and SFTP.
- Experience in coordinating ServiceNow Instance Clone and Platform Version Upgrade, with participation in at least two (2) successful ServiceNow upgrades.
- Experience supporting implementation efforts using the Agile/Scrum methodology such as backlog grooming, release planning, sprint planning and delivery prioritization.
- Knowledge of unit testing, system integration testing, performance testing, user acceptance testing, or any client-specific testing including the creation of ServiceNow Automated Test Framework functionality.
- Ability to be the subject matter expert in the administration of the ServiceNow Platform and other core applications/modules (ITSM, ITOM, ITBM, IRM, SecOps, BCM and SAM).
- Possess a strong background in ITSM/ITIL processes and solutions with deep expertise across the breadth of the ServiceNow platform.
- Ability to configure ServiceNow Platform and applications/modules in alignment with approved design and requirements.
- Able to recommend Security Compliance Policies that are ServiceNow Standards/best practices that conform with industry standards in the cyber security realm.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in troubleshooting application issues and problem resolution in a timely manner.
- Proficient in documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with technical and nontechnical staff at all organization levels.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) in specific module/application (ITSM, PPM, APM, etc.)
- ITIL Foundations Certification (v3 or higher)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org