Website California ISO
Under the general direction of the Manager, responsible for maintaining the performance, integrity, security and continuous improvement of the Energy Management System (EMS), including State Estimator (SE) and associated Network Applications (real-time contingency analysis, Dispatcher Load Flow, etc.). Performs moderately complex engineering projects as assigned.
What’s In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow’s energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Coordinates systems maintenance and improvement activities to support the effectiveness of the EMS.
- Plans and evaluates the impact of system modifications and maintenance activities.
- Maximizes EMS uptime and mitigates system failures by troubleshooting technical problems that result from communications, equipment, or systems failures, and by providing 24×7 technical support for EMS-related issues as required.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance to EMS staff on power flow modeling issues, software problems, data requirements and interfaces with other software applications.
- Mentors and provides training to team members to ensure ongoing skill development and improvement.
- Responsible for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) technologies, including implementing new technologies and participating in the development of SCADA standards and processes, to ensure the effective administration and maintenance of the EMS.
- Ensures proper coordination of tasks required to maintain and improve the simplified bus-branch version of Network Model, including coordination between both internal groups and external organizations.
- Provides technical support to ISO Real-Time Operations and other departments on EMS and Network Model-related databases.
Level of Education and Discipline:
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Amount of Experience:
- Equivalent years of education and training, plus two (2) or more years related experience.
Type of Experience:
- Requires a combination of experience in the following:
- design and implementation of Energy Management Systems (EMS) and advanced network applications
- electric utility operations
- utility/power industry, preferably in a similar ISO with market design or operations background
- systems analysis and expansion, databases, real-time applications, software tools and programming concepts
- project management in a technical environment
- A combination of the following is required:
- power systems
- real-time systems
- market operations
- web services
- Knowledge of Energy Management System operations and principles, California power generation and transmission networks and structure, and network modeling desired
- Power systems engineering or Computer Engineering experience preferred
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as facilitator and team member
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and documentation skills required, with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to use deductive reasoning and analytical thinking with sound judgment and decision-making skills
**We will also consider applicants for a Sr. EMS Power Technology Engineer position. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, training or experience in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related technical field and five (5) or more years of experience. Master’s degree preferred.**
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.