Website Franklin Templeton Investments
What is the Director – IT Security responsible for?
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Director – IT Security?
Will lead a team of (30+) people responsible for Security Operations, Cyber Incident Response, Cyber Security consultative services, Cyber Threat Intelligence, and reporting on effectiveness of cyber security program to senior leadership, and board appointed committees.
- Scope of Day-to-Day Management: Leads/directs subordinate leaders and professionals to manage department – Propose, initiates and influences the strategy for the management and oversight of the Cyber Security Program, Cyber Detection/Protection/Response Strategy, alignment of Cyber Operational controls to corporate policies and standards, upkeep of Security Operation Center operational processes, technology standards, respond to audits request, providing clarification to any questions or open items raised by the auditor/examiner, and assist the various stakeholders when necessary.
- Product, Operational Management and Service Delivery: Drives innovation with a focus on advancing services capabilities through automation of cyber security operational processes, behavioral analytics, artificial intelligence, self-service of scanning activities for the business and development teams, workflows and escalations for detected compliance violations. Defines service performance objectives, metrics and desired results for the department. Sets strategy and direction for program, and services- Owns and drives services/ process/program maturity
- Relationship Management/Partnering: Serves as the responsible leader for Cyber Security Operations and Incident Management. Anticipates emerging business challenges resulting from new business ventures, use of newer technologies to transact, process or store information providing solutions that solve and meet the needs of the business and cyber security requirements. Guides and influences others both to understand and/or adopt changes resulting from new control objectives or regulatory mandates. Drives collaboration among team, stakeholders and clients, serving as a role model for the team.
- Technical Expertise/Leadership: Leverages knowledge of industry trends and business needs to drive technology innovation and execution – Describes complex technology concepts and value in business terms to drive enrollment amongst technology and business stakeholders
- Talent Management: Makes hiring and termination decisions and leads mid- and senior-level (internal and external) talent, both individual contributors and managers, across the department – Coaches and develops leaders to meet and/or exceed performance expectations – Accurately applies compensation philosophy and tools; identifies and evaluates exceptions around pay guidelines – Refines team structure as needs evolve
- Financial Management: Provides strategic financial management, develops and manages budget for multiple departments (for which accountable), working closely with senior leadership to ensure business goals are met within established financial targets
The ideal candidate will have similar experience supporting corporate business groups within the Financial Services industry, will be a fast learner, passionate about high impact projects, and will have superb communication skills. This is a full-time position and can be located in our Ft. Lauderdale, St. Petersburg, New York, San Mateo, Dublin, or Rancho Cordova offices.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years as a leader of Cyber Security SOC Operations, Engineering and Architecture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience supporting Security Master business groups and related applications in a Corporate IT
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
To apply for this job please visit fti.taleo.net.