Website Delta Dental
Responsible for all aspects of Database Administration for Oracle Databases including problem-solving, configuration, and implementation efforts for multiple projects with an emphasis in operational excellence and continuous improvement of Database related processes and procedures.
Takes part in on-call support rotation for production databases that require 24 X 7 X 365. Weekend and off-hours work expected.
Plans, documents procedures, and coordinate database activities with team members
Flexibility to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer demands. Willingness to become involved with other technologies that interface with the Database management system, including tools that support backup/recovery and monitoring.
This position requires an expert level of UNIX Shell Scripting skill with focus on automation solutions.
How you will make an impact:
- Demonstrates an understanding of complex problem-solving techniques dealing with physical Database creation and support.
- Ability to formulate and recommend technical direction for Database related activities for the project teams in collaboration with other teams in IT organization.
- Ability to develop standards, processes, and procedures within the scope of Technology & Infrastructure DB Services team.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the database development life cycle including data modeling, database coding, testing, and implementation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of performance tuning and optimization including the identification of performance related issues.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of quality assurance and/or software development processes and methodologies, with the ability to share that knowledge with peers, and project team members.
- Ability to effectively communicate written and verbal to all levels within the organizations as well as communicate directly with customers on new projects and/or issues with production systems.
What we look for:
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of database software and technologies including in-depth knowledge of Oracle DBMS, patching methodologies, as well as some knowledge of automation processes via Shell Scripting.
- Exposure and working knowledge to No SQL databases like Mongo DB.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of Linux (RHEL) and Windows 2008 operating systems.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of tools, such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Developer, and TOAD.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL.
- Innate ability to navigate SQL tuning and provide clients with working solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and working knowledge of RMAN backups and restores.
- Demonstrates string understanding with Oracle Data Guard Technologies include Active Data Guard.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) with Oracle 12c Enterprise Edition.
- Demonstrates working in an enterprise environment with hundreds of databases, hundreds of servers, and many different customers.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.