Website Pacific Coast Companies Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for design strategies for enterprise database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security. Design and construct large relational databases. Integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure and refine system performance and functionality. Perform other duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver well-defined data design documentation and data models that guide and inform project software, development teams.
- Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures.
- Create and enforce database development standards.
- Develop and document database architectures.
- Design database applications, such as interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables.
- Document and communicate database schemas, using accepted notations.
- Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
- Develop or maintain archived procedures, procedural codes, or queries for applications.
- Identify and correct deviations from database development standards.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and at least
- 5-10 years of experience in BW, BW4/HANA
- 5-10 years in Database reporting software – Business Object and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- 5-10 years in Metadata management software – CA Erwin Data Modeler; CA Technologies ERWin Data Modeler
- 5-10 years of experience in creating conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- 5-10 years of experience in canonical data modeling, data dictionary and data glossary
- Knowledge of master data management and data governance
- Analytical thinking – Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org