Website Inductive Automation
Come help develop the future of software used in industrial automation. In this position, you would join our core product development team. Together, we work to build our primary product, Ignition.
This position is focused on implementing and maintaining network protocols for communicating with industrial controllers (PLCs, RTUs, etc…) as well as the system responsible for bridging data from those implementations into the Ignition platform. Responsibilities include new feature and protocol development as well as the maintenance and enhancement of existing functionality.
- Work with software engineering team to help guide direction and design of future releases
- Implement new features and changes with an eye for security, reliability, and performance
- Help maintain software by fixing issues identified by support and QA teams
- Perform complex and precise troubleshooting to pinpoint root causes for reported issues
- Participate in agile development process (SCRUM)
- Perform code reviews to help verify changes made by other developers
- Follow Java and object-oriented design industry best practices
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience
- Strong Java 8 skills
- Experience writing server and networking code
- Experience writing highly concurrent multithreaded code
- Modern toolchain and source control familiarity, e.g. Maven/Gradle and Git/Hg
- Must have previous experience with OPC UA (OPC Classic) and/or industrial automation protocols
To apply for this job please visit inductiveautomation.com.