Website Dignity Health
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org.
The Biomedical Network Engineer is responsible for design, implementation and support of the Biomedical IT environment. This position provides specialized repair (radiology, biomedical and biomedical network devices.) and maintenance services to medical treatment and diagnostic equipment.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides specialized medical equipment repair on Biomedical IT equipment in inventory.
- Performs electrical safety testing on specialized medical equipment in inventory.
- Performs preventative maintenance/calibrations/security for specialized medical equipment in inventory.
- Provides technical/network support and assistance to Clinical Engineering technicians.
- Must be able to recommend, develop and implement Biomedical IT solutions in a moderately complex dynamic multi-site biomedical environment.
- Proactively monitor, evaluate, analyze and resolve Biomedical IT issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to Biomedical IT architecture, processes and support.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to information security architecture, processes and support.
- Performs product evaluations on proposed and current technology solutions; creates risk statements, summaries and presentations for management in an effort to identify, recommend and prioritize cost effective Biomedical IT solutions.
- Assists users in the specification, selection, installation, and/or administration of the various Biomedical IT related devices and software that may be attached to the network.
- Provides technical consulting to other Information Technology personnel, on an as needed basis, in the analysis of network performance.
- Lead/coordinate efforts for medical device patching and updating of firmware and/or applications appropriate for the medical device. Research medical device manufacturer’s resources for approved patches and updates applicable to medical devices in all modalities.
To apply for this job please visit careers-dignityhealth.icims.com.