Website California ISO
Under the general direction of a Manager, manages, administers and supports IT infrastructure change, configuration and release management. Directs the change, configuration and release controls, trace-ability, compliance and reports, coordinates meeting schedules and activities, supports documentation of related processes and procedures, provides appropriate training and encourages participation.
What’s In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow’s energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for definition and refinement of Change, Configuration and Release (CCR) Management processes and procedures for the IT organization using industry best-practices (ITIL, CMMi) as a source.
- Establishes and maintains configuration and release management records and performing periodic configuration and release audits. Assists audit teams in identifying and locating production CCR records.
- Characterizes the CCR Management services that are required to deliver and support baseline IT services.
- Ensures proper execution of CCR Management policies and procedures, and to promote consistency of procedures and processes. Analyzes data and prepares various department reports as required.
- Tracks and controls CCR’s relative to IT infrastructure, and provides accurate and current status, configuration release and relational data to customers. Identifies and validates requirements for the CCR Management Database. Provides incident and problem management with key information on trends.
- Ensures CCR requests are complete, including impact statements, deployment or implementation instructions, and comprehensive recovery plans.
- Provides CCR Management training.
Level of Education and Discipline
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Information Technology, Management of Information Systems, or related field.
Amount of Experience
- Equivalent years of education and training, plus two (2) or more years related experience.
- ITIL Practice certification required
Type of Experience
- Change management, configuration management, release management and document control.
- Experience working with ITIL framework, CMMI best practices, systems administration, databases and Remedy, BladeLogic or Tripwire.
Additional skills and abilities:
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively document and convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Strong skills in presenting and interacting with internal and external clients.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.