A member of the Information Technology team and a partner to the Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion (HR, D&I) and Enterprise Performance teams, the Business Transformation and Change specialist will deliver business transformation strategies that empower all employees to actively support change initiatives with a strong focus on minimizing impact to business performance while increasing benefits realization, ROI and results for SMUD.
The specialist will identify opportunities to increase successful and sustainable change adoption across the enterprise ensuring change initiatives meet objectives and value targets by increasing employee adoption and usage. This individual will focus on the people and performance aspects of change, including changes to employee roles and responsibilities, business processes, technology, and organization design. This team member will have responsibility for creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize leadership and employee adoption and utilization while addressing resistance and roadblocks to change. The business transformation and change specialist will work to drive faster adoption, higher utilization of and proficiency of the newly introduced tool, process and practices
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with leadership, business relationship managers and consultants to create strategic roadmaps and identify key organizational enablers in support of specific business transformation efforts Design, implement and measure end to end customized change management solutions taking into account organizational context and industry specific requirements
- Supports enterprise and business unit transformation/change initiatives using change management frameworks ensuring minimal impact to business performance and maximum speed to business benefit realization
- Apply a structured framework, assess the change impact; size the change and propose the right level of change management services
- Engages with stakeholders across all levels of SMUD to ensure business readiness to adopt to evolving technology, processes, and organizational structures Promotes progressive advancement of the desired culture for the enterprise and supports change management by providing advice and guidance to the business unit; facilitates internal collaboration across all subject matter experts.
- Champions initiatives and ensures a strong partnership and mutually beneficial acceptance of and accountability for both workforce and business unit needs.
- Coaches leadership and change stakeholders in the development of problem solving, organization change, team building, and conflict resolution skills by modeling a positive, constructive attitude for change; teaching methods to manage resistance to change in process reengineering and change management projects conducted with diverse work groups throughout SMUD; and by directly advocating the benefits of organization change.
- Monitors, guides, reviews, and conducts work activities associated with department internal/external projects in accordance with established task objectives and schedule as outlined in the project plan/contract.
- Assists in planning, developing, and implementing operating performance standards and measurements
- Develops and implements employee communication and training strategies for the business unit to support ongoing initiatives, programs, and processes.
- Partners with Business Relationship Managers, Project Management offices to effectively integrate change management deliverables into project planning, budgeting, project management processes; facilitates planning Supports post go live value realization through monitoring, evaluating and reporting on workforce program productivity, effectiveness, efficiency and suggests improvements where necessary.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university majoring in Business Administration, Organization Effectiveness, or other related discipline or related field or nine year’s equivalent experience
Experience: Five (5+) or more years of progressively responsible experience influencing executives and Senior Leaders in the areas of business transformation, change management, planning and/or process design and implementation and/or continuous improvement. Working knowledge of leading an organization through large scale technology and non-technology change. Proven experience in project/program management and business transformation
- Apply and drive change management principles, methodologies and tools. Consult and analyze change readiness and adoption patterns. Provide leadership and build mutually beneficial relationships at all levels of an organization; think strategically to develop short/long term integrated strategies; analyze and interpret policies and procedures; plan, analyze and evaluate budget expenditures; make formal and informal presentations clearly and concisely to individual or groups; reconcile significant and/or controversial differences to bring interested parties to consensus; effectively communicate verbally and in writing; analyze complex issues and develop/implement resolution alternatives; solve problems creatively and quickly; work collaboratively and effectively with senior-level staff; exercise good judgment; work well under pressure of deadlines; influence decision makers to support the achievements of the enterprise.
- Ability to translate complex technical jargon into business language that can be easily consumed by all key stakeholders. Assess and prioritize risks and articulate mitigation plans in a manner that resonates with stakeholder groups.
- Effectively set expectations and hold multiple resources accountable to all key health metric.
- Principles and practices of organization development, including individual and organizational change management.
- Principles and practices of relationship building, influence and communication.
- Typical business operational knowledge including the application and administration of policies, rules, regulations and operating procedures, as well as business planning.
- Application of operational excellence, process improvement, process modeling, project management and strategic planning best practices. Fundamentals of human resources practices.
- Principles and practices of safety management training.
- Collaborative work practices, effective communication, facilitation and coaching techniques, project management methods, principles, and practices.
- Seven plus years of progressive experience in a primary change management role supporting business, ERP or technology enabled transformation programs.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.