The Electric Asset Data Management team is focused on the timeliness and accuracy of our company assets in the field. We use SAP, Arc FM/GIS and information received from multiple other sources of Field Personnel to drive PG&E’s transition to the sustainable grid of the future. Our department is very one PG&E minded in approach and discussion reporting metrics. We are ensuring PG&E policy of safe, timely and accurate recording of our assets.
The cornerstones of our department are updating attributes, electric asset description and have high value information available to our workforce.
The Business System Specialist (BSS) functions as a liaison to Information Technology from the line of business, representing the end users and business process owners in business system requirements, implementations and support. The incumbent understands user needs as well as business procedures, processes and systems for the corresponding department. The incumbent typically defines user system requirements, provides user support, coordinates user acceptance testing of new tools and consults with the users on new technologies & features that may contribute to business process efficiencies. The incumbent may also perform feasibility analysis, develop project scope, and provide recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. The incumbent prepares and delivers business users’ system needs to Information Technology and represents user needs in the development of functional specifications.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity.
- Provide expert consulting in business and user needs
- Analyze and document business requirements for complex projects
- Analyze end-to-end complex business processes and coordinate with IT to develop and implement solutions to information needs
- Understand in detail current and future business environment; effectively anticipate, identify, and fully meet the business needs
- Identify, propose and influence solutions to complex business problems
- Anticipate concerns and questions, and provide proactive, timely and professional communications or delegate as appropriate
- Act as a key contributor to teams that define, review and approve requirements for the business needs solution
- Participate in UATs and perform quality reviews of test results
- May assist with training, change management and communications associated with system implementations
- Contribute to business case development
- Participate in project estimates
- May write manuals, Requests for Change, procedures
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of job related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields
- Participation in projects of high complexity at an expert level or in a leadership role
- Continuous education in IT and business specific areas.
- 8+ years of job related experience in Business Analysis, which may include or be in addition to 6+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Expert-level knowledge and working experience with multiple corresponding Line of Business-related functional areas
- Extensive participation in projects of high complexity or simultaneous participation in multiple projects of medium to high complexity in a leading role
- Extensive experience in GIS (Geographic Information System)
- Expert knowledge of Process Improvement (eg. Lean Six Sigma principles) including the business requirements activities
- Expert knowledge in Quality Management including but not limited to risk management and control development/implementation such as policies/standards, training, quality control and assurance.
- Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the utility business
- Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels and promote good working environment
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of the impact(s) of technical changes to the collective business processes across functional units
- Good mentoring skills
- Broad understanding of all relevant business processes of department(s) supported
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org