- This event has passed.
ISSA Chapter Meeting
November 15, 2019 at 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
**Please use the source link below to confirm event details**
Speaker: Evan Francen, CEO & Founder, FRSecure
Evan Francen, CISM, CISSP, is an information security expert with more than 25 years of practical experience. He has witnessed first-hand this broken industry where security is viewed and treated as an IT issue that is fixed by simply purchasing hardware or software. Dedicated to his mission to fix a broken industry, he is determined to get everyone to speak the same information security language. Therefore, he developed a common, easily-understood information security risk assessment that’s comprehensive, foundational, and completely free for all to use. Evan is an evangelist, thought leader and specialist in advising Boards of Directors, legal counsel, and executive management. His keen communication ability, unique sense of humor, and “tell it like it is” demeanor, gets the point across and produces results for all audiences.
Topic: A Standard Information Security Language
Description: Evan will discuss the following concepts:
* A common information security language used by 1,500 organizations (and growing fast)
* The definition of “information security” and “risk” used by these organizations
* How to translate information security into business language, resulting in common understanding, clear objectives, and well-defined budgets
* How you can use the common language in your organization at no cost
* How you can participate in the future and have an impact industry-wide
Location: Arden-Dimick Library meeting room, 891 Watt Ave, Sacramento (corner Watt and Northrop).